Dominion Rules forums > Tactical Actions QuickRef

I'm working on some play aids and thought I'd start with a summary/quickref for the tactical actions system.

Here's what I've got so far (can't figure out how to upload the PDF, obviously this looks prettier in anything other than plaintxt):

Tactical Actions QuickRef
Dominion Rules 3.x

Each action round consists of 4 stages:

Timing
All participants roll d12 + timing stat + [other] (e.g., weapon timing modifier).
Natural 12 = failure (assign to first in timing order)
Ties = reroll between tied participants
Timing order assigned in numerical order from lowest (fail) to highest total.

Strategy
In timing order, each participant declares action(s).
For skills requiring targets, name targets.

Modifier
Apply appropriate modifiers from each of the following categories to each declared action:
Action (for each attempted action more than 1, apply a -1 penalty to each of the participant's actions)
Injury (if negative, apply the injury stat to each of the participant's actions)
Conditions (as appropriate, apply the situational condition modifiers for darkness, weather, low-traction surfaces such as snow/mud)
Range (apply to the participant's missile strike action if target range is short = 0, mid = -3, long = -6)
Called Shot (apply to the participant's offensive combat actions, if targeting eyes = -5, neck = -4, head = -3, hand/foot = -2, arm/leg = -1)
Defensive (roll defensive combat skills, defensive beast skills, and appropriate priestcraft/magic skills and apply resulting modifiers to related actions)

Resolution
In reverse timing order, resolve each participant's outstanding action(s).
As each action is resolved, adjust remaining actions (e.g., target may be defeated or retreated).
Note especially:
Injury
Range

Repeat action rounds as needed.

I'll post a PDF of this over at rpg.geekdo.com under the "Dominion Rules 3.x" entry, so you can see it.

August 11, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterVince

I've made a few modifications - posting a v2 (basically forgot to mention Armor/Weapon modifiers in the 1st draft)

August 11, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterVince

Files are posted at rpg.geekdo.com (search for "Dominion Rules" then select "Dominion Rules 3.x rulebook"). You'll find several versions...posted as I was working on them.

Let me know what you think! I'm not quite back from GenCon, so it will take me a few days before I can work on this some more.

August 16, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterVince